The Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program (CFSP), funded by Global Affairs Canada (Government of Canada), was established for candidates in developing countries that are both members of La Francophonie and eligible for Official Development Assistance. These scholarships, which are valid only for francophone programs offered by Canadian post-secondary educational institutions, are offered to qualified candidates who are currently employed and who demonstrate the greatest potential to contribute to capacity-building in their workplace once they return to Vietnam.
Students must arrive in Canada around mid-August 2017 and start their studies in September 2017. Scholarship recipients must commit in writing that they will not request a change in status (permanent residence, civil status, etc.) during their studies in Canada and that they will return to Vietnam at the end of their studies.
Priorities of the CFSP:
The following programmes are eligible for scholarships for Vietnamese candidates:
- Full-time, four-year PhD
- Full-time, two-year Master’s
- Post-doctoral studies: research development for candidates who have a PhD, for a minimum term of 4 to a maximum of 10 months
- Technical and vocational training in a college or university for a period of two years full-time
- Short-term internship or training for 4 to 12 months to build critical skills for key personnel in the workplace
Scholarships are available, and preference will be given, for studies related to the following needed sectors in Vietnam, and with a cross-cutting importance of the gender perspective:- Post-secondary education;
- Climate change and environment;
- Public administration/policy;
- International trade.
It should be noted, however, that pharmaceutical, medical and dental training are excluded.
Employees in the public or private sector as well as those working for non-governmental organizations who have at least one year of professional experience when the application is submitted.
Candidates will apply online by November 4 at 6 p.m. Through the on-line system, applications will be received and reviewed by the Local Selection Committee, which includes members of the Canadian Embassy and the Department of International Education and Development (VIED).
At the same time, the candidate’s employer must complete an online form to signal their commitment to the candidate and the development opportunity. This online form must be completed by November 4, 6 p.m.
**To note, any candidate or employer who requires assistance to complete the online forms, can contact the Vietnam Field Service Support Project (FSSP) listed below.**- Candidates will be selected by the Local Selection Committee based on their academic record; knowledge of French; the presentation of their study proposal and professional development; as well as the prospect of institutional development (e.g. the alignment of the institute to the priority sectors, and the commitment of the employer to the candidate reinsertion after study termination).
- The Canadian partner organization (the Canadian Bureau for International Education) will review and approve the final list of candidates.
- Selected candidates will then be connected with the Canadian partner organization to assist them in applying to Canadian educational institutions, in order to obtain letter of acceptance from such an institution.
The final results should be communicated to the candidates at the end of April or beginning of May 2017.
You can find all the information about the CFSP on the:
- Official Program website: http://www.boursesfrancophonie.ca/
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/boursesfrancophoniecanada
For more information about the eligibility requirements, the application package, the steps to follow, or support in completing the online applications, candidates can contact the Vietnam Field Service Support Project (FSSP):
14rd Floor, #1401, TNR Building
115 Tran Hung Dao, Hanoi
Telephone: (84 4) 3 6331479 ext 12
Fax: (84 4) 3 6331476