Two visiting research positions for PhD Students or PostDocs open at the International Center for Climate Governance (ICCG)
The International Center for Climate Governance (ICCG) - a joint initiative of the Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM) and the Fondazione Giorgio Cini - encourages to submit applications for two six-month visiting research positions for Phd Students or PostDocs. Research activities will be carried out in ICCG’s offices, based on the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore in Venice, Italy.
ICCG research is characterised by an interdisciplinary approach, gathering experts in different fields such as policy, history, architecture, natural sciences. The crucial common denominator is the focus on the integration of the social, political, cultural and economic dimensions of climate change.
The successful applicants will work with the ICCG team on the following aspects of climate change governance:
• the role of existing institutions and the definition of alternative models of governance for the control of climate change;
• the international negotiation process towards the building of a post-2012 climate agreement;
• the evolution of different domestic interests and their influence in shaping international climate policy;
• best practices for public private partnerships to tackle climate change;
• the interrelationships between climate change and urban development.
See the attachment for more details